- 1.My monthly Savings Rate report: October 2019
- 2.My monthly Savings Rate report: November 2019
- 3.My monthly Savings Rate report: December 2019
- 4.My monthly Savings Rate report: January 2020
- 5.My monthly Savings Rate report: February 2020
- 6.My monthly Savings Rate report: March 2020
- 7.My monthly Savings Rate report: April 2020
January update comes after a fun but tiring month. It started where December ended, in Istanbul. It then ended in yet another country: my girlfriend’s home. I’m surprised I was able to squeeze out a saving of more than a few euros again. Now I was saved by a higher than expected income. I knew I was going to get a refund for my pension saving of last year because of the choices I made last year. On the expense side, two things increased my expenses. The big one is, of course, another trip. But what undoubtedly will stick for the rest of my life…
I proposed to my GF! And she said yes!
January really set the mood for the rest of the year. In the coming months we will have to do some paperwork and arrangement for the wedding so expect some updates on that!
2020 starts of with an exceptionally low SR. As I still didn’t start my flexi-job I don’t have an extra income that can compensate my higher expenses. February will be similar since I first need a training (which I will get next week). Only after this can I start earning some extra cash.
I foresee February to have a low SR as well but March and April should be a lot better.
- How PSD2 will make banking more beneficial for you - June 3, 2020
- Receiving a windfall: my grandmother’s inheritance - May 31, 2020
- Should I Invest in Gold Alternatives? - May 25, 2020